HOOPX BASKETBALL LEAGUE EST. 2017
HXBL ULTIMATE GOAL
The HoopX Basketball League will expose the most talented and athletic Filipino basketball athletes 5’11” below. We want to launch a much needed semi-pro / commercial league for these type of players and achieve their full potential in the game of basketball. With the rim lowered to 9-foot, this will be a FASTER PACED, HIGH FLYING, with NEW BASKETBALL RULES this will be a unique and exciting basketball experience for the people who loves the game, in perspective, we want to build a NBA type of league for the talented players 5’11 and below.
HOOPX BASKETBALL LEAGUE EST. 2017
“Philippines is the new Mecca for Basketball” – Mike Swift
Basketball has never been this popular here in the Philippines, with numerous amateur leagues sprouting all over Metro Manila, indeed, Manila is the safe haven for all ballers. Basketball events is also considered as a growing industry.
We are HoopX Basketball, dedicated to provide great basketball experience for every Filipino.
This inaugural season of HXBL, we will change the lives of the ordinary Filipino aspiring players who wants to play professional basketball and we are welcoming you to become one of the founders of this very unique and fast growing basketball tournament.
Our main goal is to establish a Commercial Basketball League exclusively for Filipino players 5’11” and below. HXBL is the 1st Lowered Rim Inter-City tournament that will be represented by 8 major cities in Metro Manila
HXBL is for male athletes 30 years old and under category and it composed of 120 ELITE players playing from different universities and amateur leagues around Metro Manila.
HXBL Video Clip: https://goo.gl/EWFY9h
PLAN OF ACTION:
There will be 3 major events which will have to execute to be able to launch the actual tournament.
1. Harvest Talents – We will have a 1 day tryouts for all talented players ages 17 to 27 years old and the height will be limited to 5’11” below to create our talent pool for the upcoming league. We will select 40 talented & athletic players to play on the trial league on July 29, this will be a All-Star event for the selected ELITE players.
2. The Trial League – We want to test the waters on this new basketball concept, and identify all the necessary adjustment for the players and also for the tournament. There will be 4 teams playing on the trial league in San Juan Gym and we will implement new rules.
HXBL New Rules:
– The adjustable rim will be lowered by 9 feet.
– Smaller Official basketball to be used – Wilson 3X3 ball
– 10 player roster per team, 2 reserves
– Playing Coach is allowed
– Longer 3-point range
– 21 Second shot clock
– 2 Quarters only, 21 each half
– 4 Point Shot (to be approve)
– No overtime period, there will be a 1 on 1 Dunk Off on both teams, first to score 2 points WINS!
These rules will still be endorsed to our officials and consultants in order to implement it to the league.
3. The Draft – We are opening HXBL for all teams, companies, and team owners who wants to have their own team on this league. They will need to buy a team franchise which will represent their brand or organization.
On September 19th they will participate on the HXBL Draft were they can select ELITE players on our pool to include to their existing roster. All teams on HXBL can choose which CITY they want to represent on the league.
HXBL inauguration will be on October 10, 2017.
HXBL COMMITMENT TO THE PLAYERS: